December 12, 2017
With a new year, often comes ideas for a refresh at home. Our Land Sales Manager, Deb Wright, is a lady with many talents and has some top tips for maximising space:
- Think of the space you live in in a whole sense rather than as separate rooms with specific uses.
- Think about how you want to use the space in terms of how you spend time and where.
- Get the proportions right – from the size of the furniture to how much room the accessories take up.
- Be flexible about the layout of furniture, most of what you have is mobile. Just because a furniture item has stood for a while in a certain place, doesn’t mean it has it has stay there. It may look better in another room, with a completely different function. A cupboard that has been used for china or glassware can become a fabulous linen cupboard.
- Create visual links between rooms – for example a colour texture or style of furniture.