December 12, 2017
Spring has sprung, which for many means it’s time for a spring clean! Here are some ideas to help get you started.
- Blankets. Sometimes blankets and pillows don’t need to be cleaned, but they do need to be aired out after winter when your home has been closed up. Take them outside and hang them on the clothesline for a day.
- Windows. Wash your windows using vertical strokes on one side and horizontal on the other. That way when you spot a streak you haven’t wiped off you’ll know which side it’s on.
- Dust. Dust all the places you often overlook, like your lamp shades, curtains and blinds. Speed up the process with a lint roller if you have one or use a dust mitt you can put on your hand like a glove. They work a treat!
- Clean cleaners. Sometimes you have to clean your cleaners. Clean your vacuum cleaner which could include replacing the bag, snipping threads snarled in the brush and replacing or washing the filter. Help your broom by getting rid of dust bunnies that end up sticking to bristles.
- Clothes. It can often be a hard one, but if you find you’re running out of wardrobe – toss any clothes you haven’t worn in a year. If they are in good condition you might also like to donate them to a charity clothing store.